The Charlotte Street Arts Centre (CSAC), in partnership with Shivering Songs and supported by the Fredericton Community Foundation, is now accepting submissions for the 2016 Songwriting Intensive with Michael Feuerstack, which takes place on January 23rd and 24th, 2016 in the Charlotte Street Arts Centre Auditorium in Fredericton.
Selected participants will have access to one-on-one and small group sessions with Michael during the day on January 23rd and 24th, working together to develop each participant’s skills in lyrical crafting, chord progressions, and overall production. On Sunday, January 24th, there will be a public performance in the CSAC Auditorium hosted by Michael Feuerstack, an opportunity for each participating songwriter to showcase their personal development over the weekend.
Applications open December 10th, 2015 and close January 3rd, 2016 by midnight.
- Must be 16+ years of age
- Must be a New Brunswick resident
- Must be an ’emerging’ musician — You may have achieved some local or provincial success, and may have released self- or locally produced albums, but have yet to take that next big leap
- Must be able to accompany oneself on an instrument
- Must have two ‘work-in-progress’ pieces of music to work on during the workshop
- Must be able to attend all activities, including the final performance on Sunday, January 24th, 2016.