The Fredericton Youth Hockey Association (FYHA) is very excited to announce that summer hockey will be back for 2016! This program is designed to bring together players of both recreational and competitive calibres to play in a relaxed, safe, and FUN hockey environment.
- Cost: $110 per player (taxes incl.)
- Dates: The program will begin on July 4 and will run through August 21.
- Times: Ice times will be regularly scheduled on Monday – Thursday evenings with an occasional Saturday or Sunday afternoon time.
- This will be a Fair Play program. All players will receive equal opportunity for ice-time and there are will no win/loss standings or scoring races.
- The program will be open to minor hockey players in District 3. Players must have been registered with a minor hockey association during the 2015-16 winter season or pay an additional $50 dollars per player to be covered through the Hockey Canada Insurance.
- The program is open to all players who played this past winter on Recreational, Comp B, Comp A, and Comp AA teams.
- This program is not open to AAA Minor or Major players.
Click Here for Summer Hockey Player and Coach Registration Info.
Registration will only be open to FYHA players only during the first week of registration.
Beginning Monday, April 18th, openings will be filled by players from surrounding areas in District 3.
Week #1 -Monday, April 11th until Friday, April 15th
Week #2 -Monday, April 18th until Friday, April 22nd
Registrations will continue to be accepted beyond week #2, but spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. All others will be placed on a waiting list.
- Uniforms will be provided by FYHA.
- Teams will be selected via draft by the coaches and league executive. The league executive, in consultation with coaches, will move players around to balance the teams as required.
- Games will be officiated by certified referees.
- Full body contact is not allowed.
- Three goal scoring rule is in effect: If a player scores a fourth goal in any one game, it will result in a penalty and the goal will not count. There is no limit on assists.
For further details, please contact Jonathan Brown at 451-1333, or by email at email@example.com