In support of local restaurants, the City of Fredericton-Tourism, Downtown Fredericton and Business Fredericton North have partnered to bring you Fredericton al fresco!
Fredericton al fresco, part of the City’s #SupportFredLocal initiative, was created to support local businesses and the community during COVID-19. New picnic and bistro-style tables set up in Phoenix Square, Barracks Square, as well as the Nashwaaksis Commons, will provide a unique style of outdoor dining in Fredericton for everyone to enjoy running 7 days a week from June 4th until early September. The full news release can be found on the City of Fredericton website.
Weather permitting, musical performances featuring local musicians will add to the European-inspired dining atmosphere from Thursday to Saturday. There will also be a local art installation at Phoenix Square mid-June, which will be related to the recent changes caused by Covic-19 open to interpretation by the artist(s).
Order Delivery or Bring your own Take-out
When you arrive at a Fredericton al fresco dining area, menus from participating restaurants will be on site. If you would prefer to plan ahead, a list of Fredericton restaurants can be found here; remember to phone the restaurant ahead of time to ensure delivery is available to your location.
How to order:
Each table has an assigned number, that you can use to order food, and have it delivered directly to your table by participating restaurants. You must specify your location when ordering.
- Phoenix Square – 397 Queen Street in front of City Hall
- Barracks Square – lower Carleton Street
- Nashwaaksis Commons – 116 Main Street by the northside Atlantic Superstore & amphitheatre
If you would like to utilize the seating for your own take-out, feel free! We only ask that everyone follows the guidelines put in place to keep everyone safe. We will do our part by ensuring the tables are disinfected by staff throughout the day.
In order to keep you safe, here’s a few things you need to know:
- This non-smoking area is intended for dining.
- Please respect social distancing by maintaining a 2 metre/6-foot distance from other people (no congregating) and limiting your interactions to just your table ‘bubble’.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Dispose of trash in the garbage cans.
- If you are experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms, we ask that you refrain from using the al fresco areas.
Source: Downtown Fredericton