Fredericton’s Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation has many reasons to celebrate this year. The Stan Cassidy Foundation has reported almost $185,000 in funding and resources in 2013-2014, from both corporate and private supporters.
Funding and resources granted by the foundation included:
- Almost $42,000 directly to patients through the Care & Comfort Initiative and the Bikes ’n’ Trikes program.
- $45,000 to Kiwanis House, the hostel for patient families that is adjacent to the centre.
- Over $70,000 to research, technology and equipment for the facility.
- $6,000 to Stan Cassidy therapists for specialized training.
- Almost $60,000 in used medical equipment to the Stan Cassidy Centre and to individual patients.
“Noe of this would be possible without the incredible generosity of our community,” Lynn Irving said in a statement.
“…we want to express our sincere gratitude to all of our supporters. Your continued donations of money, services and time are directly benefitting the day-to-day lives lives of Stan Cassidy patients.”
The Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation is a recognized North American leader in neurological rehabilitation, providing bilingual care through inpatient, outpatient, and outreach services. The facility supports patients of all ages from all over the Atlantic region. The Stan Cassidy Foundation is a registered charity that provides funds and resources to the Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation and its staff. The foundation’s focus is on patient care through providing direct patient support and enhancing the facility and rehabilitation services.