The IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s
is moving online! While we can’t physically walk together right now, we can still connect virtually and come together in spirit as a sign of solidarity and hope for those living with dementia!
The time is right. Now. Join. Walk. Help.
Join us May 31st
at 1:00 pm AST, for a fun and exciting “televised” event from your computer. The event can be watched from anywhere with an internet connection!
Watch, walk or fundraise
– or do all three! – while you stream the Walk live from the comfort and safety of your home or backyard, to recognize and honor friends and family members who have been affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
There are many ways to participate!
Here are some ideas on how you can raise funds for the WALK ONLINE:
- Follow your Fitbit, smartphone, or smartwatch step tracker. Log your steps and challenge friends to match your mark using social media.
- Do the funniest Monty Python-esque walk around your home, and challenge your friends to top it.
- Do a funky dance in your home, then share it as a video online on IG, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Challenge your friends to who can climb the most stairs.
- Your dog can help fundraise, too! Take it out for extra walks.
- Record personal expressions of support and pledge your support online.
Be sure to follow us on social media for more ideas and to learn how others are walking online. You can even share your ideas and story with us!
Visit www.walkforalzheimers.ca to register
and start fundraising online! Let’s come together, NB, and ensure that those living with dementia know they have our support.
Support and Education Forum for Caregivers
We have heard from our clients that they want to stay connected. To help bridge the gap between physical distancing and social isolation, we have launched a Facebook group called the Support and Education Forum
The group is intended for family caregivers of someone living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. It is an inclusive and safe space where you can share, ask questions and connect with others. Our staff will monitor the group to ensure all questions receive a response. We will also share information on learning opportunities, educational videos, and will address requests for information. It is our hope that we will be able to support you and learn from one another in the process.
If you are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, we hope you will join us in the Support and Education Forum
, on Facebook.
Alzheimer Society of NB
To alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias through the provision of support, education and advocacy, and to promote the search for a cause and a cure.
To learn more about the Alzheimer Society of NB and our programs or to volunteer contact any of our 6 local Resource Centres in Edmundston, Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Tracadie and Saint John or visit www.alzheimer.ca/nb